The Sportster tank and fenders were painted in a spray booth with 2k gloss black, and I’ve just been sent these pictures from the painter. Just look at that finish! I’ll post an update when the parts are fitted to the bike on the 15th.
The chrome has to go! This Sportster came to me with every optional chrome cover under the sun and was way too blingy for my taste. So, after taking off the covers the engine was masked up and sanded with 400 grit. Followed by a light mist coat of high temperature paint/primer combination. Then a […]
The CAD model of the CNC Router project is essentially complete, so production can continue with the gantry and Z axis. I’m hoping to have this project finished at the end of February, which will allow a huge expansion of the range of products which can be produced in-house.
The Barber Precision LS1 swapped S13 Silvia has had a final coat of paint applied to get it ready for an upcoming car show. As soon as I can source some new front seats for the car I believe I’ll call it done and put it up for sale. Stay tuned!
The Datsun 260c has had a few panels coated in Satin Black 3M liquid wrap and it has come up looking great! This is a bit of an experiment to see how the Plastidip-esque paint stands up to everyday use on a car and what sort of finish is achievable with a spray can, but […]
The next step in the CNC Router build is to fabricate the fixed gantry. The gantry consists of a 200x100x6 piece of SHS supported by 100x100x3 SHS legs and fronted by a piece of 10mm plate to provide a flat mounting surface for the precision linear rails. The back stays are 75x75x3 SHS. The front […]
The muffler on the Barber Precision 260c was completely rusted out so, to give the car a unique sound, we decided to fabricate a custom stainless muffler from scratch. All the parts were cut from tube or plasma cut from stainless plate. The outer housing is a piece of large bore pipe to cut down […]
Construction on the Barber Precision CNC router has started with fabrication of the base frame Keep checking back to see progress on the CNC Router !
The Barber Precision ’96 Sportster XL1200S has been disassembled for a colour change. The rear fender has had a slight chop to tidy up the rear of the bike Then the fenders and tank were sandblasted and coated in Epoxy 2-pac primer. Next up is to repair a small dent on the tank, sand smooth […]
A customer brought in this 2007 Suzuki GS500F which has been converted into a naked bike for some rear suspension work. We removed the original 50,000 km old shock and replaced it with a low km triple adjustable shock from a Yamaha R6. While we had the rear of the bike apart we also replaced […]